Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thoughts on Appstore.

The purpose I'm writing this is because I have a different feelings towards Jailbreaking your iphone, and Modify your game console, which both allows you to play CRACKED/ILLEGAL copies of games.

I admit I've been very tempted to jailbreak my phone just for the games, but I manage to stop it right there.

Reason?

I think that Appstore is doing its job very well in interaction with consumers.

First, most games is cheap. It's just 0.99cent or RM3.20 est. for a game that have alot gameplay value more than that. Remember those time when we were using Nokia? those games cost RM5~8, and it suck. You can even share with your friends and family, that even makes the game cheaper.

Second, developers are constantly updating their games, unlike console games, which hardly update or paid update. So, when u supported their apps, they will also repay you by giving you more worthy updates. Its not hard to think this way, right?

Third, Interaction with gamers. Ok, by using the feedback system, the developers are able to tell what is their strength and weaknesses so they could constantly improve it. Of cos, its free if u have the apps. Dont you love the feeling when u just pay 99 cent, and u always see there is an update? Trust me, the apps are way beyond your expectation.

Fourth, Don't you love the feeling when u browse your Appstore, and found out that the game you love suddenly have a price change? Patience is a virtue is fully applied in the games area, while the developers will give alot of promotions from time to time. And its very easy to predict sales in appstore, its just seasonal.

This is one of the promotion mentioned during this year Thanksgiving & Black Friday Sale, many premium games have gone from few dollars to just 0.99cent. Why not?


Before this goes further, I feel like stopping it right now. I don't mean to humiliate my jailbroken friends, but it's just a different point of view from a guy that support 99 cent games. will pay more for really good apps!





2 comments:

  1. how to you pay itunes in Malaysia?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Albert, Malaysia Itunes store only accept credit card/ debit card at the moment. you can get debit card if you have a bank account. I think every bank offers!

    ReplyDelete