Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Stop it right there!

Apparently I just finish my microeconomics tutorial class. I was expecting my last week mid-term result, but it was not release yet.



My way of life is barely simple, which is "Learn from mistake".



You get wrong, and you learn and try to correct it. I admit there are genius but there are no saints, and even genius makes mistakes. And it's like the smarter you are, the mistake you make will be more severe because smart people usually overlooked themselves.



Last semester, i failed two of my core unit, which is Econometrics and Macroeconomics. I overlooked my mistakes and realise i was playing a fool when i'm dealing with year 2 subjects. You know when you see those students hanging around in the bar during noon, you will always ask this question to yourself, are they even studying in uni? or they came here for the cheap beer?



Let's get back to the topic. I am so confident this semester that I'm gonna get through every subject this semester, except Microeconomics with alot of uncertainty.

Be realistic, you've failed all your Economy subjects and yet you still walking around declaring yourself a economic students? This will be the joke of 2010, maybe just not the top one.



With nights staring and reading of economics, i found out that it requires a lot of calculus and mathematic applications. I fully understand that the world need maths, but i'm not one of the maths people. It is very pathetic when you go through a life that you know is not suitable for you, but solely just to gets you 'manufactured' and fits in to what we called "The Society".



Sometimes I envy my friend, Jie Li. He is a smart guy with a clear brain that i hang out alot with recently, academic wise. He tend to knows where he is going and keeps everything in order, in order of the "standard of society". How good if i would just focus to be like him and stop blogging now. *Note: His the amazing guy that don't even have facebook account! so stop looking for him in Facebook!



Then, I heard a conversation between a girl with my tutor just now that the girl is facing calculus problem. The way the tutor comfort her makes me kinda warm, however it is unrealistic when you think about it.



He says that it's not all about calculus, and the mid-term paper do not have as much calculus, so just read the text and have a look at the bigger picture.



I did quite a number of calculus during my preparation and i know it is very important for graphs. I will never see a pass if i just depend myself on theory which still based on calculus and calculus that involves too much fundamental mathematical studies.



I shall stop it right here and go back to my econometrics studies. I have a confident to score on this weekend test. Till then, I'm trying hard to "conquer" what have "haunted" me for years, and years to come.





P/S: I'm always the happy me, because i left the emo me somewhere over the rainbow.

2 comments:

  1. 经济学里有很多数学,但最重要的是逻辑思考。
    也许。。。
    你数学不好是因为你的逻辑思考不好吗?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 我想我应该是"幻想系"的, 可能我是左手人, 右脑没有启发.

    ReplyDelete